Networking to generate business leads and connect with potential event resources:
- Associate with other individuals working in your field to share ideas and build strategic partnerships
- E-Networking with members working in similar areas of the event planning process to share your experiences and learn from theirs
- Access vendors and suppliers that regularly work in the industry and understand the unique challenges and successes related to it
Continuing Education to give you knowledge and new skills:
- Annual Convention and Trade Show – In the winter, over a hundred event professionals attend our convention to share information, build partnerships, learn about new event products and services and generate new ideas for their events. During the convention, enhance your knowledge in such areas as sponsorship sales, running successful volunteer programs, developing cost effective marketing techniques, understanding safe operation practices and much more. The Trade Show features a wide variety of vendors showcasing their up-to-date products and services which support all areas of the industry.
- Workshops – These one-day or half-day sessions deliver the latest information from top industry guest speakers.
- Behind the Scenes Tours – Enjoy exclusive tours of California and Nevada’s best-known events, s and discover how they are brought to life. Behind the Scenes Tours have included the California Strawberry Festival, Pasadena Rose Parade, Gilroy Garlic Festival and the San Francisco Chinese New Year’s Parade.
- Website at CalFest.org
- Access to our events calendar, membership directory and special members-only information.
- Electronic newsletters – Keeping you up to date on the latest festival & events industry developments
- Posting opportunities– Members can post promotional announcements about their events as well as volunteer and job opportunities.
- Membership Directory– An essential tool for every event professional’s desk. Find the best event contacts all in one place.
- Free Referral Service – When you need resources, we will find what you need.
- Membership Mailing List – This list is available to CalFest members only
- Job Bank – Looking for a job, intern, or participant announcements? List it on calfest.org
Discounted rates for:
- CalFest Annual Convention
- Behind-the-Scenes Tours
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Be an Award Winner – The CalFest Celebration Awards Program can provide state and regional recognition. Your events’ award winning promotional materials and innovative programs can provide your event great attention in your community and beyond.
- Free Ask an Expert – Need a quick answer to an important question? We will look for the answer or find someone who can provide the information you need.
- Vendor Referrals – CalFest is the resource for everything from lighting equipment and stage rental companies to food vendors, consultants, entertainment agencies, souvenir manufacturers, carnivals, fireworks, communication tools, rentals, signs and banners and specialty insurance agencies.
- Meeting your peers in the industry
Special Benefits for Vendors and Suppliers:
Vendors and suppliers are a vital element of CalFest as we work to connect producers, vendors, and suppliers with other members. Some of the many benefits of being a CalFest vendor/supplier members include:
- Free member listing on the CalFest website with description of your services and/or products
- Discount on trade show registration for the CalFest Convention
- First opportunity at the convention trade show’s limited and highly prized booth space
- Member-only access to the CalFest database of more than 2,000 listings
- Advertising and sponsorship opportunities on the web site, the convention program and at events
Affordable membership rates:
$175 annually for first member from organization
$225 for 2-5 members
$275 for 6 members or more
For further information:
California/Nevada Festivals & Events Association (CalFest)
PO Box 7547
Tahoe City, California 96145